Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Naming my fear (Fear, part 2)

Read Perspective (Fear, part 1) here.

March 10, 2011

"Always use the proper names for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."

Naming my fears: asking for help, talking on the phone, wasps, inconveniencing/bothering others, not being able to play sports, disappointing people, being alone, not having a family of my own, that I'm nobody special, losing a loved one, failing in front of people, my failures will hinder God's work, people won't like me because I'm not insightful enough, hard-working enough, kind enough, etc.

Many of my fears have to do with how others perceive me. I am fearful of being rejected by others. Could this be because I am seeking my redemption from people instead of from God? Others of my fears have to do with not living up to a certain standard. Could this be because I am trying to get redemption by works instead of faith?

God, save me. Help me trust in you alone for redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment